We all know that the Odin Flash Tool is the most crucial tool required in the entire process of flashing the Samsung Android Smartphones, right?
Well, there are tremendous device manufacturers, and most of them work well with the ADB fastboot tool to get flashed with a Stock or Custom ROM, but if you’re employing a Samsung Smartphone, then the process will be a little bit challenging within distinct tools.
Apart from that, the best thing we’ve seen here is the Odin Flash Tool’s compatibility! Yeah, You heard right! This impeccable flashing tool is compatible with each and every Samsung Android smartphone.
No matter if you’ve ordered a brand new Samsung S (SuperSmart) series Smartphone or the old J series device, Odin Flash Tool is developed for all of them.
However, after such a convenient privilege, sometimes the Odin Flash Tool annoys the enthusiastic users while flashing Samsung Smartphone, connecting their device, downloading and installing the firmware, launching troubles, and like so many of them.
Fortunately, we’ve created this complete below guide for all such enthusiasts dreaming about troubleshooting the Odin errors they’re seeing in flashing life.
Moreover, after reading this troubleshooting guide, you’ll comprehend the very origin of such Odin errors with the steps to resist them.
Let’s get inside the potion to all your Odin troubles:
Failures in Downloading and Installing Odin Tool
Getting toward the troubleshooting guide, the first and the most prior failure we’ve seen in the service of tremendous Odin Tool users is the Downloading and Installing errors.
If you’ve made up your mind to flash any kind of ROM or firmware on your Samsung Android Smartphone, first you need to download and install the Samsung Odin Tool on your PC, and consequently, it’s the most prior step of the league.
Now, if you’re also the one observing the error in installing the Odin Flash Tool on your PC, the first failure possibility is because of the version you’re using.
Here, we recommend you download the latest Odin Tool version by the below download link and try reinstalling that tool on your PC.
It works as we’ve employed this troubleshooting step with numerous PCs, and the problem is solved now.
Suppose that you’re using a Windows version like Windows XP or older or flashing your Samsung Android Smartphone.
In that case, you can’t install the above-updated version, as it’s only compatible with Windows 7/8/8.1/10/10 Pro, and you’ll have to download any of the older versions of Odin Flash Tool compatible with your PC.
You can also get that older version through the above download link, as that page contains the list of almost the entire age of Odin Flash Tool.
Samsung Phones Don’t Contain Download Mode
The second most seen error between flashing the Samsung Android Smartphone through Odin Flash Tool is the Samsung’s Download mode.
If you’re one of the techie enthusiasts with a Samsung Smartphone in your hand, you must know about the download mode.
Or still, if you don’t know, the Download mode is just a distinct mode available with your Samsung Smartphone, the same as the Fastboot mode on other brand devices.
In that case, you can also try the following procedures on How to Boot Samsung Phone into Download Mode.
So if you’re unable to boot your device to that download mode, even after trying the entire procedures written in the above-linked article, then you can follow the below few troubleshooting procedures:
- Firstly, remove the battery of your Samsung device, and keep it outside for at least 30 seconds.
- Afterward, try rebooting the Smartphone while hard-pressing the Volume Down + Home + Power button together (As per your device’s compatible key combination), and you’ll observe the Download mode now.
- Still, if not booting in Download mode, you can try using a different battery and try booting again.
- If the above procedure isn’t working well for you, you can remove and insert the battery once again, and this time, don’t reboot the device, and elsewhere plug it with the Charger, and hold the Volume Down button for a few seconds. You’ll soon observe the Download mode.
- Try using the ADB commands on your computer by following the above-linked guide.
If you’re still not getting on the download mode, we recommend the motherboard replacement through the service center, as there is no Samsung Smartphone developed without Download mode.
Failure in Recognition of your Device via Odin Flash Tool
Getting further into the Smartphone troubleshooting, the next query we’ve got is about the failure in device recognition on the Odin Flash Tool page.
That’s a legit and the most happening error we’ve observed with most of the techies. Most of the time, people connect their smartphones with a PC and launch the Odin Flash Tool.
But sadly, the ID:COM port does not get blinked with that blue light.
In such case, you can follow the below troubleshooting steps and get rid of this problem:
- Firstly, try using the different USB cables and ports.
- Most of the time, the problem occurs with our USB cable, which seems hard to find. So try a different one!
- Still, in trouble, disconnect your device with PC, reboot it in download mode, launch Odin Flash Tool, and try connecting again.
- If the Samsung USB drivers present on your PC are old or outdated, uninstall them and download the latest ones to install on your PC.
- Try downloading and installing a different version of Odin; the latest one would be the first recommendation!
Odin Software Getting Stuck Repeatedly
It’s not that regular issue, but sometimes the Odin Tool gets stuck in the process on the same page where it launched. Possibly, you haven’t seen this failure before.
But if in the future you get pinged with this annoyance, you simply need to uninstall or delete the Samsung Odin Tool from your PC and download the latest version of Odin Flash Tool on there.
Additionally, you’ll always have to run the Odin Flash Tool as an administrator. Yeah, by simply right-clicking the Odin.exe file and tapping the Run it as administrator tab.
Other In-Tool Troubles
Finally, we’ve ended it here, including all the mostly seen errors and failures between the Odin Flash Tool firmware flashing process.
Moreover, there are many more queries we’ve heard from the techie users like you and entered all the below procedures which you can apply for getting rid of all those problems you have:
- If you’re updating the Samsung USB drivers on your PC or simply reinstalling it, then you must restart your PC after that.
- Must download the Stock and Custom ROMs for your Android Smartphones in a legit way, like the Frija firmware tool every time.
- Elsewhere you can get errors between the process, and furthermore, your device can also get bricked.
- If you have Windows Defender or any other Antivirus Software installed or enabled on your PC. Please disable it temporarily till the flashing process.
- Again, give the first chance to the latest version of Odin Flash Tool, as it’s the natural solution to most Odin troubles.
- Must create the backup of all your important data available on your Smartphone before making it ready to get flashed.
That’s all for this guide! If you’re still observing some other troubles or the same troubles even after struggling on all the above steps, then must try for the motherboard replacement ASAP.
Adhere you again!